The Artist



Caledonian Railway 0-4-4T tank engine by Dugald Drummond with passenger carriages pulling up the banked, curved incline leaving Brechin on the branch line to Edzell, Angus, circa 1890. A Caledonian Railway 2-4-0 by Benjamin Conner is shunting goods wagons around the railway-yard beyond. The Caledonian Railway was founded in 1848 (affectionately known as the ‘Caley’) passenger services running until they ceased on the 4th August 1952. The four-mile branch line from Brechin to Bridge of Dun was reopened in 1993 and runs a regular steam passenger service to this day.